Monday, July 25, 2011

"Love" T-shirt Pillow - July 22, 2011

T-shirt Before
My husband gave me this "Love" t-shirt for Easter one year when we were dating.  I have always loved it, and loved the design, but even more so...love that he picked it out especially for me :o)

Now, several years later, I have been blessed with motherhood...and sometimes clothes that once fit you just right before, do not necessarily fit you in the same way after having a baby!  I can still wear it, but let's be honest....it hugs me just right in the places I don't want to be hugged...

I am terribly sentimental, not wanting to put the shirt in the yard sale pile, decided to make it a forever keepsake...a pillow!  Now mind you, I do not sew...that's why I paint furniture!  Since it's been 100º and higher each day for the last week, I have not been able to spend much time outdoors doing what I love to do.  So indoors sewing this week it is!

Design close-up, "love" it!
After an hour or so, I had myself a soft, new little pillow just right for lying in bed to read!  Instead of it hiding in my closet, I can enjoy it out everyday.  Maybe not the prettiest or most perfect sewing job, but certainly "ReLoved" and special to me....

New Pillow After
And just for fun, a photo of me wearing the shirt in 2006 with, my then boyfriend – now sweet husband, Kyle!

Don't we look so young and carefree?!




No comments:

Post a Comment