Thursday, July 7, 2011

What's "ReLoved" All About?

Welcome to my imagination!  I am positive that this blog will be a random assortment of things at times, but my main goal is for this to be a place where I will keep track of my work and ideas, mainly for my own records...but also for you to enjoy!  A sort of, never-ending sketchbook and/or portfolio.  Please enjoy!

I have had a dream for a very long time...to create!  I was born with it.  It's deep in my soul, burned in me.  But what to create has always been the tricky part.  I enjoy so many things; painting, photography, decoupaging, building, scrapbooking...the list goes on and on.  But not until about 2 and a half years ago did I really become excited about painting furniture!  And not until about 6 months ago did I really, truly believe that I could start a side business doing just that.

I have always loved old things, things with a history, a past, a story.  One of my favorite things to do as a kid was to pull out the bottom drawer of an old hutch my grandmother had in her formal living room and sit for hours, HOURS, hours and look at all the old black & white photos she had stored in there.  Even if I didn't know who most of the people were in the photos, I didn't care.  They told a story to me.  From there I began asking questions about my family, about my ancestors, about my past.  It led me to a passion for cherishing the past, enjoying it in the present, and then passing it down one day in the future!

This is where "ReLoved" comes in.  Finding a neat old piece of furniture with a past and making it new again...or in a sense, "reloving" it.  Making forgotten things, unforgettable.  Not to mention this is a play on my maiden name "Love" too.  I'm having a lot of fun with this, can you tell??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment